Firefighters tackle chimney blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to Lower Road in Lavenham after a small blaze broke out in the chimney of a house.

FIREFIGHTERS were today called to Lower Road in Lavenham after a small blaze broke out in the chimney of a house.

It happened around 2pm and when crews arrived they discovered a beam was alight in the chimney breast.

Firefighters from Melford and nearby Sudbury attended and used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze by 2.46pm.

The beam was also removed.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus