Crews tackle fire after neighbours spot smoke coming from building
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a fire at a house in Benhall near Saxmundham - after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from the property.
Emergency services were called to the scene, in Aldecar Lane, at 9.11am this morning, Monday, December 30.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, two fire crews attended the incident.
He said: "It looks like there was a call from a member of the public, a neighbour, saying there was smoke coming from the building.
"The smoke seems to have been caused by an electric heater fault."
You may also want to watch:
He added the fire was quickly extinguished and that crews called a stop to the incident at around 9.45am.
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 3 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 4 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 5 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 6 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average