Crews tackle fire after neighbours spot smoke coming from building
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a fire at a house in Benhall near Saxmundham - after neighbours reported seeing smoke coming from the property.
Emergency services were called to the scene, in Aldecar Lane, at 9.11am this morning, Monday, December 30.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, two fire crews attended the incident.
He said: "It looks like there was a call from a member of the public, a neighbour, saying there was smoke coming from the building.
"The smoke seems to have been caused by an electric heater fault."
You may also want to watch:
He added the fire was quickly extinguished and that crews called a stop to the incident at around 9.45am.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 8 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay