Firefighters tackle four suspicious fires
FOUR fires in Sudbury in the early hours of this morning - which led to a number of evacuations - are potentially being linked.
Firefighters attended a caravan fire in Tudor Road just after 5am. A nearby home had to be evacuated, with an ambulance required for one casualty.
In Newton Road firefighters attended a bin fire, which damaged gas and electricity supplies, just after 4.40am.
The next door property also had to be evacuated due to a severe gas leak.
The fire service also had to attend bin fires in Betty Cocker Grove and Sycamore Road between 4am and 5am.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said all four fires were being treated as suspicious and were all potentially being linked.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown