25 firefighters tackle blaze at two-storey house
- Credit: Archant
Five fire crews were called to tackle a large house fire in Great Sampford this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to reports of a fire at a large house at around 1pm this afternoon in Tindon End and and 25 firefighters are currently tackling the blaze.
On arrival crews reported that the rear of the property, which is two storeys and measures approximately 15 square metres in total, was completely alight.
The fire had also quickly spread to around 40 per cent of the roof of the building.
Two fire crews from Saffron Walden attended the scene, along with a crew from Newport and two crews from Haverhill.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters extinguished the fire by 3.02pm.
The Red Cross has also attended the scene to support two people who have been left homeless by the incident.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
An investigation into the cause of the fire will now take place.