Firefighters tackle major barn blaze in Monewden, near Framlingham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters spent more than two hours battling a major blaze at a Suffolk barn in the early hours of this morning.
Crews from Framlingham, Woodbridge, Stowmarket and Princes Street, Ipswich were called to reports that a barn in Monewden was completely engulfed in flames just after 3am.
They spent two and a half hours tackling the fire, using jets and hose reels on the barn, which measured 15x40m.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also said that two gas cylinders were being cooled.
Crews had the incident under control by 5.34am.
It comes after a busy time for the fire service, as more than 60 firefighters were called to tackle a huge blaze at Sackers recylcing centre in Great Blakenham, near Ipswich on Friday night.
The fire started in a 100-tonne pile of scrap metal and took all night to get under control.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
At the height of the blaze, flames could be seen from miles around, including the A14.