Firefighters tackle major barn blaze in Monewden, near Framlingham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters spent more than two hours battling a major blaze at a Suffolk barn in the early hours of this morning.
Crews from Framlingham, Woodbridge, Stowmarket and Princes Street, Ipswich were called to reports that a barn in Monewden was completely engulfed in flames just after 3am.
They spent two and a half hours tackling the fire, using jets and hose reels on the barn, which measured 15x40m.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service also said that two gas cylinders were being cooled.
Crews had the incident under control by 5.34am.
It comes after a busy time for the fire service, as more than 60 firefighters were called to tackle a huge blaze at Sackers recylcing centre in Great Blakenham, near Ipswich on Friday night.
The fire started in a 100-tonne pile of scrap metal and took all night to get under control.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
At the height of the blaze, flames could be seen from miles around, including the A14.