Firefighters tackle overnight blazes
Fire crews were called to three blazes across the county during the early hours of this morning.
At 1.17am firefighters were called to a car fire in Highclere Close in Newmarket.
Two fire engines from Newmarket attended the incident and on arrival crews found one car well alight.
Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and two water fogs to tackle the blaze
The fire was extinguished at 1.39am and is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
A blaze at a derelict building in the grounds of a scrap yard in Beccles was tackled at 1.31am.
One fire engine from Beccles was initially called to the incident in Cucumber Lane.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
On arrival firefighters found a derelict single-storey building measuring 15 by 20 metres well alight.
Further resources from Bungay were called and crews used two hose reel jets.
The fire was put out at 5.49am and is also being treated as suspicious.
At 5.45am firefighters were called to a bedroom fire at a property in Fordham Road, Newmarket.
On arrival crews discovered a fire in a ground floor bedroom of a property.
Crews used four sets of breathing apparatus and one water fog. The blaze was extinguished at 6.24am.