Firefighters tackle series of blazes
FIRE crews have been called to battle a series of woodland blazes across the region.
More than 16 acres of crop was engulfed in flames in Fornham Park, Culford.
Having arrived at the scene at just after 4pm today, four fire crews from the surrounding area tackled the flames for more than an hour using house reel jets.
A grassland blaze in Hitcham then saw more than 12 acres alight. Three fire crews were called to the B1115 at Hitcham at 2.40pm to tackle to fire which spread to surrounding hedgerow and an electricity pole.
The incident was brought under control by 3.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Ipswich were called to an undergrowth blaze in Gippeswyk Park at just before 6.15pm.
The flames were tackled within seven minutes.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 7 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
Meanwhile, firefighters from Stowmarket were called to a field fire in The Twinnings, near the town.
A small fire was found about 150 metres from the road and tackled in 15 minutes.