Two cars completely destroyed by fire in Haverhill in suspected arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a two-car blaze in Haverhill after a suspect was seen setting one alight by a member of the public.
Suffolk police said it received a call at 7.24pm regarding a suspicious male in dark clothing reportedly setting light to a car in Gloucester Road in the town.
A house near the vehicles was also evacuated as a precaution, according to a spokeswoman for Suffolk police.
Firefighters extinguished the cars in around 30 minutes but both cars were completely destroyed.
Investigations into the blaze are taking place.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing to witnesses or anyone who saw anything suspicious to come forward. Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout