Firefighters tackle tyre blaze
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a large tyre fire at a travellers’ site in Essex.
The blaze, which also involved cylinders, broke out shortly after 11am today at Chapel Lane, Boxted.
Initially two fire engines were sent but then a third was added because of the number of calls the service received.
The officer in charge then asked for a fourth appliance because cylinders were involved in the fire. He then requested a fifth fire engine because of water shortage at the site.
The fire measured 50 metres by 60 metres and involved cylinders and tyres.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used jets to cover surrounding risks - a house and two stables blocks.
Crews from Colchester, Manningtree, Wivenhoe and Weeley were in attendance until 4.30pm.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
They were using two hose reel jets and one ground monitor.