Firemen tackle bungalow blaze
Firemen tackled a blaze at a bungalow in Colchester today.
Two fire engines from the town were called to the property in Straight Road at 5.51am.
When they arrived firemen found that the roof of the home, measuring 8m by 8m, was well alight.
Crews used two hose reel jets and breathing apparatus to fight the flames.
The fire was extinguished at 6.52am and there were no casualties.
You may also want to watch:
Crews remained at the scene for 30 minutes to dampen down the property.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff