Fires treated as ‘suspicious’
MARTLESHAM HEATH: Firefighters were called out to a series of fires in the same area of grassland last night, which they believe were set deliberately.
The first call-out was at 5pm to an area of gorseland bordered by Anson Road and Main Road, Martlesham Heath, opposite Black Tiles. One fire crew from Woodbridge attended the scene and had extinguished the fire in less than 20 minutes.
But this was followed by another call to the same field at 5.30pm, also dealt with by a crew from Woodbridge within 15 minutes.
And nearly two hours later, a further six small fires were reported. Two crews from Woodbridge and Ipswich attended and had the flames under control by 8pm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue confirmed all the fires were being treated as suspicious and police have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the incidents can call police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 7 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 8 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 10 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road