First Ickworth Country Estate Fayre set to take place
The skills and traditions of country estates in Suffolk will be celebrated at a new fayre in the grounds of a grand stately home near Bury St Edmunds.
The Ickworth Country Estate Fayre will be held on Saturday, June 30, and Sunday, July 1, from 10am-4pm, with a storytelling village, 1930s games, archery and traditional fairground rides.
Ickworth will be showcasing the skills of the gardens team such as beekeeping, fertilisation, and plant propagation, and visitors can also meet the ranger team.
The fayre is a development of the Wool Fair, which has been a staple event in the Ickworth calendar for four years, and the long history of sheep rearing will also be celebrated.
Kitty, a Suffolk Punch horse, lived at Ickworth in the 20th century and helped pull produce from the walled garden to be used in the house.
You may also want to watch:
At the fayre, visitors will get the chance to meet a modern-day Kitty, and Out on a Wing Falconry will also exhibit beautiful birds of prey.
Abbi Lang, visitor experience and marketing officer, said: “We are really looking forward to our country estate fayre, Ickworth has a strong tradition of farming and craftsmanship on the estate and we are glad we can continue this tradition. It will be a fun day out for all ages, and a chance to showcase local craftsman.”
For more information, visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ickworth or call 01284 735270.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'