Five men arrested on suspicion of hare coursing in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Five people were arrested yesterday on suspicion of hare coursing, police have said.
The arrests followed a report from a member of the public in the Ixworth Thorpe area of dogs chasing hares in the vicinity.
Officers from Suffolk police attended and arrested five men around 1.30pm.
MORE: Intimidating tactics by hare coursing gangs are getting worse, police warnThree 25 year olds, a 24-year-old and a 21-year-old were then taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
All five have been subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Hare coursing is most common between September and March.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, Sgt Brian Calver, from Suffolk police’s rural crime team, said a scheme was up and running in Suffolk to provide free top soil for farmers to build earth barriers or bunds to protect entrances to their fields.
Anyone wishing to find out more can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's