Five-car smash closes A14
DRIVERS are being diverted after a five-car pile-up has closed the A14 at Risby.
FIVE vehicles were involved in an accident which closed the A14 at Risby for two hours last night.
The east-bound carriageway was blocked at junction 41 after a grey Suzuki Splash and a white Vauxhall Astra collided around 7.15pm.
In the confusion after the smash, a Mazda motor caravan, a blue Ford Mondeo and a blue Fiat Punto also collided at the scene.
Paramedics were called to the scene to treat passengers who suffered minor injuries but no-one was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers were diverted from the stretch along the old A45 through Risby village to avoid tailbacks.
The road was re-opened at 8.40pm.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine