Five hurt as BMW crashes into tree in Holton near Halesworth
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Two people feared to be seriously hurt in a crash in north Suffolk overnight are recovering in hospital.
The group were inside a BMW 320 with three others who had minor injuries after their car was found upside down in a tree on the B1124 in Holton.
Police said there were fears three of the five had serious or life-threatening injuries and they were rushed to hospital by paramedics.
A force spokesman said: “We were initially worried about two of the people inside because it was feared they had sustained serious or life-threatening injuries.
“In an update from the hospital this morning they said they were bruised and battered but had minor injuries only.”
You may also want to watch:
Traffic officers were sent to the scene shortly before 1am.
Crash investigators from the serious collision investigation team shut the road for several hours.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Highways officers from Suffolk County Council were called to put road signs and diversions in place until around 5am.