Five news and sport stories you might have missed
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Just waking up? Here’s five news and sport stories you may have missed in the last 24 hours.
1. Written warnings given to parents of teenage troublemakers on Ipswich housing estateParents of teenage troublemakers have been given written warnings for “failing to exert sufficient parental control over their children” following regular anti-social behaviour in in Castle Court and Garrick Way in Whitton.
Police pledged to develop an action plan to address the issue after 100 people attended a public meeting and described regular verbal abuse, frequent acts of criminal damage and even violence and arson attempts.
2. Campaigners vow to increase fight against sex offenders at Hollesley Bay following ‘farcical’ meetingThe proposals to house rapists, paedophiles and abusers in the open prison have provoked increasing concern in the community.
Residents say they feel let down by authorities and are “taking matters into our own hands”.
3. Tennis legend Christine Truman Janes opens up about her husband’s fight with dementiaThe 1950s, 60s and 70s tennis star, who won the French Open and reached the final of Wimbledon, has spoken about her husband’s battle with the condition.
The 77-year-old, who lives in Aldeburgh, also discussed her life in Suffolk and the secret to success.
4. More than 3,500 runners expected to descend on Ipswich for the Great East Run The race day has arrived and our handy guide will tell you all you need to know about the event.
There are also a number of road closures so people are advised to check before they travel.
5. ‘We’ve gone from being hard to beat to easy to beat today’ - Ipswich Town’s Luke Chambers gives frank interview after Hull defeatThe Blues suffered their fourth defeat in seven league games and remain rooted to the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Luke Chambers gave his honest assessment following the game where he aired his frustrations at Town’s winless start.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth