Stories you don’t want to miss: A car ending up in a river and a high school pupil who may be 30
- Credit: Archant
Take a look at our five top stories of the week it includes a review of Spoons World Buffet in Ipswich and more.
New plans for the Homebase store in Warren Heath has raised questions on what the future holds for it. Earlier this year the DIY retailer said that the Ipswich store would be one of the 42 which will close in 2019. But a planning application for the building has sparked some confusion on whether or not it will be shutting. The plans want to move the garden centre from the site to the back and outline permission to build a drive-through retail unit or cafe/restaurant.
Features writer Emily Cotton tried the Spoons World Buffet and reveals the highs and the lows of the meal. The eatery serves Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and traditional British roasts so there is something for everyone. Read the review for yourself by clicking the link above.
A man from Bury St Edmunds spent months planning a spectacular way to pop the question to his girlfriend. His proposal required the help of a classical orchestra and Network Rail staff. Watch the video of the incredible proposal unravel by clicking the link above.
A brand new Volvo courtesy car found itself in the River Ore in Framlingham. The vehicle was reportedly driven in the wrong direction out of the car park. The driver of the car was uninjured but was left embarrassed and with wet feet.
A pupil at Stoke high school claims to be 15-years-old however other students have told their parents that he may be older than he says he is. The Home Office has now taken on the investigation into the age of the individual and how he became enrolled at the school. This was our most read story of the week, take a look at it for yourself here.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week