A plea from a family to find their daughter’s killer is among our must read stories
- Credit: Archant
The unsolved murder of Karen Hales once again made headlines this week as her family renewed appeals for information 25 years after her death.
The 21-year-old was stabbed to death in front of her young daughter and then set on fire at her home.
Despite a manhunt, national media attention, and a £50,000 reward, the shop assistant’s killer has never been caught.
Watch the impassioned plea for help her family released this week.
Neighbours have reported that drug dealing is taking place in front of children walking home from school.
Police are stepping up patrols in Ulster Avenue in response to the growing fears.
This comes just weeks after frightened families revealed they were ‘scared to leave their homes’ in Providence Lane in the neighbouring ward.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 9 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 10 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
Whitehouse ward councillor Glen Chisholm this week shared his thoughts on the issue.
‘Must-have fancy little knickers’ – Is this Marks and Spencer window display in Ipswich sexist?Marks and Spencer have caused a stir with their Christmas window display.The window has women’s underwear on display with the words ‘fancy little knickers’ alongside it.The display has been described as “grotesque” and “vomit-inducing”.Tell us what you think by voting in our poll on the full story. Sip, sip horray! A three-litre bottle of prosecco is on sale
Prosecco fans will be fizzing with delight to hear they can now get their hands on a three-litre bottle of the popular drink.
The Jeraboam bottle is on sale for £39.99 and contains 33 units of alcohol.
It is twice the size of a magnum and is described as light and delicate.
And it is on sale in Ipswich.
Pub to host ‘pawsome’ party after winning dog-friendly awardTake your four-legged friend to a party dedicated to dogs.The Dog in Grundisburgh are hosting a dog-themed party to celebrate winning their first award.Pooches can expect an array of doggy treats including cookies, cupcakes and canapes.The pub will be decorated with dog-themed balloons and bunting. Read the full story to find out when you can attend.