Five war medals stolen from house in Victoria Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Shout / Rex Features
War medals were stolen during a burglary in Ipswich last night.
The house in Victoria Street was burgled sometime between 4pm and 11.20pm, when five medals including a Burma Star, Atlantic Star, a War 1939-1945 medal and a Victory medal were stolen along with a wooden frame and a blue background.
Several pieces of camera equipment were also taken, including two black Nikon cameras (D7100 and D7000), along with three Nikon lenses, one Tokina lens, a Nikon speed light, six Nikon camera batteries, and four Cokin camera filters.
A Crumpler camera bag was also stolen, described as khaki green with a black strap, and bright yellow on the inside.
The burglar or burglars also took a silver and black Gerber multi-tool and a green Victorinox swiss army knife.
A silver Apple Macbook Pro, which had a moustache sticker covering the Apple logo, was stolen, as well as a second silver laptop of unknown make and model and two portable black computer hard drives.
Police said it is not yet clear how the intruder or intruders entered the house.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 6 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 7 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 10 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Andrew Rowe on 101 quoting reference number IC/14/4860.
They can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.