Flashback: Daddy’s girl remembers village hall opening
LEAFING through her own photo archive, reader Sonia Roberts found this image from the 1950s.
Ms Roberts, of Halstead, sent it to Flashback and said: “This is at the opening of the new village hall in White Notley in the early 1950s. I am the little curly headed girl sitting on my father’s lap about half way up on the far right hand side.’’
Do you remember any more about this?
Meanwhile, in our archives we found the photos in the gallery, above right.
One shows a school choirs festival held in St Edmundsbury Cathedral in July 1964. Do you recognise anyone?
You may also want to watch:
Layham Flower Show in July 1981. Do you remember this?
Old Newton Primary School holiday activities in July 1988. Do you know these cheeky chappies?
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Nacton schoolchildren planting bulbs in October 1986. Can you tell us more?
If you have memories to share, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To buy a copy of one of these photos, click on the myphotos24 link above.