Flashback: Easton Harriers, Glemham Hall Summer fete and a Tramps ball are remembered
More events featured in photographs have been remembered by our readers
Re: Easton Harriers at Charsfield
With regard to the photo of the Easton Harriers at Charsfield (EADT, January 2).
The litle girl riding the grey pony in the right of the picture is a very young Maria Wickham riding her pony Ping Pong. Her father was Jim Wickham who was kennel-huntsman to the Easton Harriers for nearly 10 seasons. Behind Maria on the grey horse is Mr Mike Bloomfield, to his right is Miss Debbie Suffolk (now Mrs Edmondson). Behind Miss Suffolk is Mr Tom Worne and behind him is Miss Sindie Hewitt. The two young girls on the ponies beside Sindie may be the Calver twin girls. The gentleman with the bowler hat is the late Mr Louis Barrett.
Wonderful days with wonderful memories.
You may also want to watch:
Mr S J Grimsey,
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
Re: Summer fete at Glemham Hall, August 1983
The photos of Magic Memories on page 29 of the EADT on Monday, January 20 shows a picture of the summer fete at Glemham Hall in August 1983.
The lady on the left of the picture is Lottie Gray who sadly died last year. Next to her are two of her grandsons, Shaun and Kirk Draper, with their mother, Jackie Draper, who is Lottie Gray’s daughter.
I can’t recall who the other two children were or the person with their back to the photo.
Lottie Gray and her late husband, Hedley, were a wonderful couple who regularly babysat my four children many years ago.
Re: Flashback, Police Cadets, September 1982
The photograph on page 29 (EADT, January 20) of the police cadets are, right to left:
Right: Hamish Philip, last cadet to be employed by Suffolk police. Retired in autumn 2012 after his 30 years of service.
Centre: Pc Andy Bushell, who reached the rank of Inspector before retiring, also after 30 years of service.
Left: Pc Paul Marshall, still with the force as second in command, Deputy Chief Constable.
Sgt Nigel Thompsett,
Re: Tramps ball, Mendlesham
This was a fundraising event organised by Mendlesham Development Association.
I am the tramp lurking behind a wig and a false beard and I appear to be adjusting the wig worn by our chairman, Mr Jim Baker of Mendlesham.
Sheila Hook, Southwold.
Re: Flashback, Employees from John Rannochs of Haughley, November 1981
My husband is in the bottom right-hand corner, the last one on the right. They did the parachute jump for the premature baby unit in Cambridge.