Flashback: Fancy dress and happy memories of being in the Cub Scouts
More events featured in photographs have been remembered by our readers
Re: Leiston Cub Scouts (Flashback, September 23)
Happy memories! I am sure there will be many local people who remember all the names of the Leiston Cubs.
I recognise faces, but can only name my son, Ian Rumsby, now living in Sydney (proudly holding football and trophy, and looking identical to his son now at the same age!), Andrew Rush, on the right of kneeling group, front row Craig Driver second from left, and Stuart Gooderham at the right end of front row. Young children, most of whom will now be fathers, and some possibly grandfathers!
Mrs Evelyn Rumsby,
You may also want to watch:
Some of the boys’ names are Mark Newton, Darren Hall, Craig Driver, Wayne Fox, John Clinch? and John or Paul Anderson.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
Fancy you printing my picture with my other cub colleagues on the day of my birthday – thank you. I’m second from the left seated.
Re: Fancy Dress Charity Cycle Ride - May 1981 (Flashback, September 23)
The three cyclists are from L to R: my son and daughter Paul and Rachel Rackham and Commander A F Patterson Rtd, RN.
Paul Rackham Snr,