Flashback: Memories of pool teams, awards and school productions are shared by our readers
More events featured in photographs have been remembered by our readers
Re: Hadleigh Kings Head Pool Team
With regard to the photo of the Hadleigh Kings Head pool team, the man in the left holding the CVE is Mr Trevor Holbrow. Next to Trevor is Mr John Dariss, who keeps Hadleigh’s streets really clean. He is the roadsweeper. Next to John is a chap they used to call “Pussy” Hyward, can’t remember his name. Next to him is, as she was then, Debbie Gidney. Next to Debbie is Dave George and finally is a chap they used to call “Basil” Butcher, what the marathon was in aid of I do not know.
S J Grimsey,
You may also want to watch:
Re: Accounting Awards at Everards Hotel, May 1985
The gentleman presenting the awards is Mr Julian Mobbs, senior partner of Larking Gowen (HQ in Norwich).
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
D E Evans,
Bury St Edmunds
Re: Thomas Mill’s High School Production
Gwendoline, in the photo of Thomas Mill’s High School’s production of “The Importance of being Earnest” in December 1981, was played by my daughter Ros Green. She has been, incidentally, one of the EADT’s Feature Writers. The young man, her suitor, was called Gary? When she grew up thoughts of a stage career vanished. She went to Queen Mary’s London University and eventually had three children and a PHD, in that order!
They say pride comes before a fall so I shall watch my step.