Flashback: Our readers respond with memories of cross country running and the Elpico Six
More events featured in photographs have been remembered by our readers
Re: Suffolk Darts A Team at St Audry’s Melton, October 1981
The young chap standing in the front row, right hand holding his left arm, is Alfie Nunn.
I was the landlord of the Tuddenham Fountain at the time, where he played. He has since, sadly, passed away.
You may also want to watch:
Re: Fuchsia Fellowship Show, Corn Exchange, Bury St Edmunds in 1986.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
My wife and I are in the picture so I can tell you about it. Sadly three in the picture have passed away. They are Jane Harrold first left, Gordon Moyes at the back and Muriel King on his right. At the front Peter and Barbara Watts, Jo Luvolk with Cynthia Moyes behind and Renee, my wife, at the back and I am the tall one on the right. I am now in my 80s. It was The Rev Tony Marsh who started the West Suffolk Fuchsia Fellowship back in the 1970s in Beyton, near Bury St Edmunds.
Re: Elpico Six in January 1966
The “Elpico Six” were an R&B band based in Bury St Edmunds and toured the clubs and dance halls of East Anglia until their break-up in 1967.
The line up were (from left to right): singer Dave Leverage, lead guitar Fred Cutler, rhythm guitar Tim Elmer, bass guitar Adrian Redwood, drums Micky Pepper and Liz on keyboard and vocals.
Liz turned professional on leaving the band, touring Europe for a number of years. Their one and only recording, with Liz as singer, was given air time on Radio Caroline but unfortunately no wider fame nor fortune.
Re: Halesworth Middle School Cross-Country runners Dec 1982
The person in the middle of the picture (Flashback, January 2) is Terry Smith of Sproughton.
He ran for Ipswich Harriers as did the chap on his left, as he is wearing an Ipswich Harriers vest.
I don’t know the other two people.