Flashback: Teddy Bears’ picnic
One of our readers has remembered a past event once again this week.
Re: Teddy Bears’ picnic at Risby, May 1988
The youngsters setting off on a teddy bears’ picnic at Risby in May 1988 were all members of Cherry Trees School which I started with two children in May 1982.
This photo was celebrating the school’s sixth birthday and the children all brought their teddy bears to school to celebrate and we had a cake in the shape of a cherry tree. I can identify all the children except the little girl pushing the pram in the front of the picture.
Back row: Simon Freakley, Christopher Pearson and Anna Roberts, next row from left Paul Schofield in the bowler hat, then Emma Gaskell, Rebecca Ray and Alesha Brady, then to the right of the child with the pram is Hannah Lockwood, to her right Thomas Carter and Vikki Reynolds.
You may also want to watch:
The school was such a happy place and gave me so much pleasure and enjoyment for 30 years until I retired last July when several of these children joined in my celebration in the cathedral. Many happy memories.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today