Flat evacuated after kitchen fire

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at a flat in Ipswich.

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire at a flat in Ipswich.

Two crews from Princes Street and another from Colchester Road were dispatched to the first floor flat in Burrell Road at around 3.24am.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus managed to douse the flames within 20 minutes.

The flat's female occupant was treated by paramedics at the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter