Flat fire breaks out opposite KFC
- Credit: Archant
A fire has broken out in a block of flats opposite a KFC.
Fire crews were called to London Road South in Kirkley, Lowestoft at 7.32pm to reports of a building fire.
Residents nearby have taken pictures which appear to show smoke coming from the basement, with crews from Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft South attending the incident.
The area is close to the centre of Kirkley and to Lowestoft’s iconic South Beach, which is also home to the Claremont Pier.
The incident is not far away from a large flat fire which took place in Victoria Terrace, Kirkley on New Year’s Eve in 2014, when a number of residents lost their homes just before New Year.
You may also want to watch:
On that occasion landlord Hanif Jaffer - working for Blackmore Management Ltd, which was responsible for the properties - quickly found those made homeless other vacant properties.
Have you seen what is happening? Tell us by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well