Flat fire sparks rescue call out

FIREFIGHTERS were called out this afternoon after a fire in a ground floor flat.

Laurence Cawley

FIREFIGHTERS were called out this afternoon after a fire in a ground floor flat.

Two crews from Newmarket were sent out to tackle the fire, which involved blankets, at Paul Mellon House in Howard De Walden Way in Newmarket at 2.21pm today.

They used specialist breathing equipment and hoses to beat back the flames, which were under control by 2.55pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus