Flatulent pig causes gas leak scare

FIREFIGHTERS raced to the scene of a suspected gas leak - only to find that the cause was a flatulent pig.

FIREFIGHTERS raced to the scene of a suspected gas leak - only to find that the cause was a flatulent pig.

A farmer in Axedale, a town in Victoria, Australia called the emergency services after believing he had smelled gas.

But when crews arrived they quickly established that the family's pet, an 18-and-a-half stone pig, was behind the scare

Fire captain Peter Harkins said: “We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny."


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus