Three flood alerts put in place for Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
New flood alerts have been issued by the Environment Agency for Suffolk and north Essex this afternoon.
The alerts cover the coast from Felixstowe to Clacton and on to Bradwell as well as the tidal River Deben around Woodbridge.
The Environment Agency say there is a possibility of some minor flooding on coastal roads and footpaths overnight tonight between 11.30pm and 1.30am.
“Tides are expected to be higher than usual, due to the forecast weather conditions as a surge coincides with the high tide,” read the warning.
“Take care on coastal roads and footpaths and don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to monitor the situation.”
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 3 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 6 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average