Three flood alerts put in place for Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
New flood alerts have been issued by the Environment Agency for Suffolk and north Essex this afternoon.
The alerts cover the coast from Felixstowe to Clacton and on to Bradwell as well as the tidal River Deben around Woodbridge.
The Environment Agency say there is a possibility of some minor flooding on coastal roads and footpaths overnight tonight between 11.30pm and 1.30am.
“Tides are expected to be higher than usual, due to the forecast weather conditions as a surge coincides with the high tide,” read the warning.
“Take care on coastal roads and footpaths and don’t put yourself in unnecessary danger.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to monitor the situation.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk