Flood update/Gallery: New pictures show high water level in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The area around Ipswich waterfront saw high water levels overnight, as these pictures show.
Earlier, a local authority rescue centre was set up in Ipswich as unusually high water was expected.
Police officers have been visiting homes in the area of the town that are potentially at risk.
A local authority centre has been set up at Maidenhall Sports Centre on Maidenhall Approach, Ipswich, IP2 8NZ.
Agencies across the county continue working through the night to respond to the threat of the floods.
Residents should monitor Suffolk Police and Suffolk County Council social media accounts for updates and advice.
People can also find out more information by calling the Agency’s Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR