Flood update: Severe flood warnings for seven new areas in Essex
Essex Police have issued severe flood warnings for seven new areas in Essex this morning.
The forces says advice from the Environment Agency indicates that there is now an increased risk to other areas of Essex for a severe risk of flooding. The following areas are now at strong risk of flooding in addition to the Jaywick, Seawick and Mersea Island areas:
Hamford Water (Dovercourt to Walton)
Heybridge Basin (River Blackwater)
You may also want to watch:
Maldon to Maylandsea
Creeksea to Battlesbridge (River Crouch)
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents
Paglesham, Rochford, Potton Island and the Wakerings
Harwich to Mistley (Stour Estuary)
Police officers, working with the other agencies, will be contacting residents in all the affected areas and they are advised to prepare themselves to leave their homes. They should prepare an overnight bag, ensure they have all necessary medication and make arrangements to stay with friends or relatives.
If this is not possible they should await instructions of their nearest evacuation location where they will be transported to a rest centre. A rest centre is being set up for Maldon residents at the Upper Plume School.
The evacuation area for residents in Manningtree is The Co-op, Riverside East where you will then be transported to the rest centre at Leisure World in Colchester.
The evacuation area for residents in Hamford Water (Dovercourt) is the Harwich and Dovercourt High School in Hall Lane. People will be taken from here to the rest centre at Leisure World in Colchester.
Rest centres for all residents of the Maldon district are open at the Upper Plume and Lower Plume schools in Maldon.
Essex Police and its partners have set up a dedicated hotline that people can call for information and the number is 0800 0961233.