Flood alerts on two Suffolk rivers after heavy rainfall
- Credit: PA
A flood alert is in place in Suffolk on the River Deben and River Lark after heavy rain in the last 24 hours.
The warnings, which are in place along the banks of the rivers as they run through Wickham Market and Debenham, say that flooding is possible and those in the area should be prepared.
There is potential for minor flooding on low lying land, roads and riverside areas.
In a statement the flood information service said: "Water levels remain high on the River Deben following yesterday's rainfall, particularly at Brandeston and downstream of Brandeston.
"River levels have now stabilised and should fall throughout today.
"The forecast is for minimal rainfall today, Wednesday, December 18.
"Further showers are forecast for tomorrow, but these are not expected to be heavy.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
"Take care on riverside footpaths and don't put yourself in unnecessary danger.
"We are monitoring the situation and will update this message as necessary."