Pride of Sudbury awards hailed as ‘best-ever’
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Sudbury was among the guests at an awards ceremony which honoured green-fingered enthusiasts in the town.
The Sudbury in Bloom Pride of Sudbury Awards were held on Thursday, October 4, and guests enjoyed food and drink and live music from Ben Smith.
Mayor Sue Ayres presented prizes to winners, and attendees also enjoyed a photographic display of the work which has gone on throughout the year in the town.
Sudbury was awarded a silver in the large town category at this year’s Anglia in Bloom awards.
All the prizes on the night were donated by 13 local businesses, with a top prize of £200, and categories included Best Kept Garden, Best Community Garden and Best Amateur Photograph.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Howes, Sudbury in Bloom events organiser, said: “We had a great night with over 50 people attending. This year we decided to make it as special as we could.
“This year our prizes value exceeded £1,000, which we achieved with the help of all our prize sponsors. We think it has been the best ever prize presentation we have arranged.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders