Flux Freestyle trampoline park opens its doors at Cardinal Park, Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
With temperatures hitting 27C in Ipswich today trampolining may not be the first thing that springs to mind but jumpers have ignored the weather to try out a brand new facility in Ipswich today.
Flux Freestyle opened at Cardinal Park this morning, taking over the former Gym and Trim unit above Chimichanga.
The trampoline park is the first of two planned for Ipswich with rivals Bounce planning to set up in the B&Q unit at the Anglia Retail Park, near Whitehouse, later this year.
Pawan Parbhu, manager of Flux, said: “The paint is only just dry but it is nice to have people in. We thought the hot weather might put people off but it hasn’t.
“Those who have come in have been very energetic, more than we were expecting - it might be the excitement of us opening.”
He added: “It has been great to see lots of smiley faces and people jumping about, enjoying themselves.”
The new centre includes wall-to-wall trampolines, airbags and dodgeball zones.
Gym and Trim closed back in 2011 as the economical downturn took hold.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
The gym first opened in Charles Street in 1978 before moving to a premises in Lower Orwell Street. It moved to Cardinal Park just a few years before the company fell into difficulties – the gym had more than 900 members when it closed.
The unit has remained empty since 2011. Work started on the revamp just a few weeks ago after much anticipation that a trampoline park was opening in town. Both Colchester and Norwich already host trampoline parks, which have proved a hit with young children, party organisers and fitness enthusiasts.