Food and drink aplenty planned for Colchester festival
- Credit: Su Anderson
Organisers of the Colchester Food and Drink Festival are hoping for another bumper turnout this year.
The annual show will have 150 stalls this year, up around one-fifth on previous festivals, offering everything from Moroccan to local cuisine during the event on June 27-28.
Cooking and cocktail demonstrations will be held on each day, and there are also gourmet treats for four-legged friends, as well as an estimated 100 different types of sausage.
This year the Rose Show, which has featured as part of the festival for the past ten years, will have its own dedicated area.
There is also a larger charity area at this year’s festival as the organisers hope to increase the £40,000 they have generated for good causes over the past ten years and break the £50,000 milestone.
You may also want to watch:
Don Quinn, one of the organisers, said: “There will be everything from global cuisine to stuff from just around the corner, as well as real ale, mead and even afternoon tea.
“We are looking forward to it and hope to have more than 10,000 people each day.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 8 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
Live music will be played through-out the event, which runs from 10.30am until 7pm on Saturday and 10.30am until 5pm on Sunday.