Thousands of food fans flock to enjoy the Taste of Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of food fans descended on west Suffolk today to enjoy the Taste of Sudbury Food and Drink Festival.
Over fifty food stalls lined the town’s marketplace and St Peter’s church selling a wide variety of street food, local produce and cooking accessories.
Visitors could choose from a full programme of demonstrations by top quality chefs on the main stage while a fringe tent featured talks on a wide range of subjects from beekeeping to reducing food waste. Many simply enjoyed the sunshine and relaxed atmosphere, and sampled the different culinary delights on offer.
Organiser Justine Paul, from Suffolk Market Events, said the number of people attending had surpassed last year’s total.
She added: “We’ve put together a really wide selection, so there is something for everyone. It’s a chance for people to sample the great food and drink we have in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim is to establish this event on the calendar for this area of Suffolk. It’s great to see so many people coming to the town and enjoying themselves.
“A lot of the retailers have said they have noticed a rise in the number of visitors today.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Main sponsor for the event was Stuart Inns, which runs a number of pub/restaurants in the area including the Long Melford Swan and Lavenham Greyhound.
Director Andrew Macmillan said: “We are all about people enjoying local produce in a good atmosphere and so is the Taste of Sudbury - it’s a lovely event.”