Dramatic photos of car fire in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a car fire in Sudbury this morning where a blue Ford Galaxy went up in flames.
Emergency services were called at around 10.20am today, Monday, February 26, to the scene in Walnut Tree Lane, close to the Mill Hotel.
Flames and dark smoke could be seen billowing from the vehicle, which was well alight when crews arrived at the scene.
However, according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, the fire was quickly extinguished by a single crew from Sudbury.
Robin Drury, who works nearby, said the fire crew were on scene within a matter of minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“The first thing I was aware of was a great column of smoke, he said.
“My office looks out on Walnut Tree Lane and they were digging up the road so I thought at first they must be putting tarmac down.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
“Then I saw the people carrier in flames.
“There were a couple of explosions at the beginning.
“A friend of mine had his car parked next to it and called the fire brigade,
“They turned up almost instantly.
“I think the firefighters were pretty brave to get up close to it.”
The fire spokesman said the crew called a stop on the incident at around 10.40pm