Ford Popular: First car cost £15
- Credit: Contributed
Richard Mortlock casts his mind back to a time when cars cost what is now considered ‘pocket money’.
This week Richard Mortlock has contacted us to share memories of his first car.
He said: “My first car was a 1953 Ford Popular (which I had in 1965), cost £15 and lasted for years.
“I travelled to Scotland, into Wales and to and from Nottingham and Bury St Edmunds regularly when I studied there.
“Maggie travelled on holidays to Scotland and Wales with me and is in the photograph.”
You may also want to watch:
Share your memories of your first car, email email@example.com
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published