Former headteacher publishes first children’s book
A retired headteacher has penned his first children’s book about a group of animals who leave Earth for another planet.
Kevin Bullock, 63, formerly head at Fordham Primary School in Cambridgeshire, has published The Animals of Blipp and all profits from sales of the book will go to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Mr Bullock, of Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds, visited St Christopher’s Primary School in Red Lodge this week to read the story – which he first thought of 20 years ago – to excited pupils.
He said: “I have been telling this story for around 20 years to pupils. I found a publisher and my niece did the art work.
“The children seem to love the interactive element of the story and at the end they are all throwing their hands up in the air.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bullock added that the book has already raised more than £1,000 for EACH through sales.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash