Memorial service for former EADT journalist and newspaper editor Julie McCreadie
- Credit: Archant
A church service has been held in memory of former EADT journalist Julie McCreadie, who became the UK’s youngest female newspaper editor.
Julie, who was 72, died last month.
She worked as editor of the Suffolk Mercury series of newspapers and was a pioneer in the use of new systems, such as desktop publishing.
She lived near Harwich with husband Bob, but recently moved to be closer to his family in Devon.
It was there that the memorial service took place on Friday March 8, at St Peter, St Paul and St Thomas of Canterbury Church in Bovey Tracey.
You may also want to watch:
In a series of tributes, family and friends spoke of her immense kindness, energy, and zest for life.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street