Former Norwich City player Sebastien Bassong banned from road after driving Maserati at 110mph on A11
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong has been banned from driving after being convicted of driving his Maserati at 110mph on the A11 in Suffolk.
The 31-year-old Cameroon international was caught speeding on the A11 near Thetford on December 21 last year.
Bassong, of The Drive, Wymondham in Norfolk, appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court for sentencing after the case was proven in his absence in a behind-closed doors hearing in August.
The defender was banned from driving for 40 days, fined £440 and ordered to pay court costs.
The court heard he had been driving at 40mph over the speed limit for about half a mile when he was stopped by police.
You may also want to watch:
He was caught speeding at 11.35pm after the mother of his children called to say she was “in a lot of pain”.
She had previously had kidney stones and they were worried the problem had flared again, the court heard.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
Magistrates were told Bassong “regrets his actions”, accepts there is “no excuse whatsoever” for speeding and has since sold his Maserati.