Former Norwich City star Sebastien Bassong in Ipswich court after speeding at 110mph in Maserati
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong is in danger of losing his driving licence after an Ipswich magistrate found him guilty of driving his Maserati at 110mph.
The case against the 31-year-old Cameroon international was proven in his absence in a behind-closed doors hearing.
No plea was entered and Bassong, of The Drive, Wymondham, Norfolk, has been informed he must appear before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on September 8 for sentencing following his speeding conviction.
The hearing will be to decide whether to disqualify him from driving.
Bassong’s Maserati was caught travelling at 110mph for nearly half a mile on the A11 at Thetford, at 11.35pm on December 21 last year.
Bassong made more than 130 appearances for Norwich.
The former Tottenham, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves central defender was released by the Canaries at the end of last season and is currently a free agent.
- 1 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 2 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 5 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 8 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 9 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 10 West Suffolk road closed after car crashes into ditch
Bassong was signed by Norwich in August 2012.