Former Stereophonics drummer found dead
FORMER Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable has been found dead at his home, it emerged today.
South Wales Police confirmed that a 40-year-old man was discovered at an address in Aberdare early this morning. The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A police spokeswoman said: ``South Wales Police can confirm the sudden death of a 40-year-old man at an address in Llwydcoed, Aberdare, at around 5.30am today.
``Cause of death has not yet been established, however, there are no suspicious circumstances at this stage. Next of kin have been informed.’’
The drummer quit the Stereophonics in 2003 and had since hosted a regular weekend rock show for BBC Radio Wales.
You may also want to watch:
His mother Mabel, 79, said she was still coming to terms with the news.
``Stuart has travelled all over the world with the band and I have worried myself silly,’’ she told the Western Mail newspaper in Cardiff.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
``He is now settled down and then this has happens. It has not sunk in yet.’’
Brother Paul said: ``The family has no further comment to make at this stage. It is in the hands of the police.’’