Former Lakenheath man denies assaulting partner
- Credit: Archant
A “bullying and controlling” man allegedly grabbed his partner round the throat and lifted her off the ground during a row at their Suffolk home, a court has heard.
Sarah McPherson recorded part of the incident on her mobile phone and when it was played to a jury at Ipswich Crown Court she could be heard telling Benjamin Diamond: "Ben you are hurting me" and "I can't breathe."
Margin Mostafa, prosecuting, said the couple, who were living in Lakenheath, had an "up and down" relationship and Ms McPherson described Diamond as "bullying and controlling."
During a row in July last year Diamond allegedly pushed Ms McPherson against a wall before holding her by the throat and lifting her feet off the floor.
Diamond then allegedly threw her on the floor before threatening to harm himself with a knife.
He had then grabbed her phone and locked himself in the bathroom and when he came out Ms McPherson punched him in the face.
Diamond then allegedly threw her to the floor and kicked her hard on the right thigh.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
Diamond, 22, formerly of Lakenheath but now living in Orkney, has denied two offences of assault causing actual bodily harm.
The trial continues.