Former teacher to face court
A FORMER teacher at an independent school is set to face a crown court judge for charges of sexually abusing a child.Peter Clayton, 56, who was the former head of music at Ipswich High School for Girls in Woolverstone, appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where his case was committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
A FORMER teacher at an independent school is set to face a crown court judge for charges of sexually abusing a child.
Peter Clayton, 56, who was the former head of music at Ipswich High School for Girls in Woolverstone, appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court where his case was committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
He was charged with 11 counts of sexual activity with a child between the ages of 13 and 17 by a person in a position of trust.
It is alleged that the incidents took place during the period of January 1, 2007, and July 22, 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Clayton, a father who lives in Laburnham Close, Great Bentley, Essex, appeared before magistrates and only spoke to confirm his name. His first appearance in court was November 18, 2008.
His solicitor Diana Infanti told the court that no plea was to be entered at this time.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
Magistrates committed his case to Ipswich Crown Court for Friday, February 13. Clayton was released on unconditional bail.
It is understood that Clayton left the school before the Christmas concert in December 2007. On the school's website, there is an advert for director of music, which is dated December 2008.
A spokeswoman for the school declined to comment.