Former world boxing champion pays a visit to Ipswich to open nursing home
Residents at a care home in Ipswich were visited by a special guest yesterday for the site’s grand opening.
Former world boxing champion Barry McGuigan spent time speaking to residents and staff at Hadleigh Hall Nursing Home, which has recently undergone a huge refurbishment.
“The day was a huge success and we had a good turnout with more than 80 people here,” Emily Slator, administrator at the home, said.
“Barry was a fabulous guest and sat and spoke with the residents and had photos taken with them. He was a really big part of the day.”
The home was bought by Kingsley Healthcare in January, with bedrooms redesigned, safety improved, and flooring re-laid to name but a few changes.
Ms Slator added: “It’s a lovely environment. We are still a small team but we are continuing to develop and take on more resident. It’s nice to watch it build up and continue to grow.”
The day also saw a string quartet, free barbecue, and a performance by Hadleigh Community Choir.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143