Four arrested after police chase on A120 in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested four people after a police chase on the A120 in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The pursuit happened on the stretch of road in Great Dunmow at 1.50am.
Officers, who were acting on intelligence, signalled for a white BMW 320 to stop in connection with a burglary in Tasker Road, Grays, overnight on Tuesday, November 14.
The vehicle failed to stop and a pursuit was then authorised along the A131, through Halstead and on the A12 before the vehicle came to a stop after hitting a sign in Marks Tey.
Officers arrested two men, aged 19 and 26, on suspicion of theft of a vehicle and a 29-year-old man on suspicion of theft of a vehicle and possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
They also arrested a 30-year-old man on suspicion of theft of a vehicle, burglary, failing to stop for police, possession of cannabis, dangerous driving and driving without insurance. They remain in custody.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door