Four arrested at Felsted travellers’ site after firearms were found in search
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested today after police carried out 11 search warrants at a travellers’ site in Felsted.
A shotgun and air weapons were seized and will be forensically examined as part of the investigation.
Acting district commander for Uttlesford, Chief Insp Mick Couldridge said: “The raids today were aimed at keeping the whole community safe from the risk of violent crime and theft.
“When the police are equipped with good information we will act robustly in all areas of the community, without fear or favour.”
A 17-year-old boy from Dunmow and a 38-year-old man from Wickford, were arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm. They are currently in custody.
A 68-year-old man from Wickford was arrested on suspicion of theft and burglary. He is also currently in custody.
A 16-year-old boy from Dunmow was arrested on suspicion of burglary and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until January 30.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 5 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 6 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 7 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 8 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 9 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
- 10 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
Mr Couldridge added: “Any one with concerns relating to violent or broader rural crimes is encouraged to provide information to the local policing team or Crimestoppers, and we will take positive, appropriate action.”
Essex Police worked with Uttlesford District Council to provide shelter for occupiers while officers searched the site.