Four held for drug offences after getaway attempt and foot chase
- Credit: Archant
A drugs suspect who tried to flee from police in Bury St Edmunds was chased into a nearby home after officers pounced in an operation that saw four people arrested.
The arrests happened on Tuesday September 15 when officers watched a vehicle driving around the Lake Avenue area of the town.
The vehicle stopped and two occupants got out to meet two others, a man and a woman.
When officers approached the group one of them tried to run away and was chased into a property in Lake Avenue.
All four were subsequently arrested on possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 24 and 45, and two women, aged 24 and 36, were all taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information relating to the incident should contact Ipswich police, quoting crime reference 37/53746/20
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 10 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town