Four held for drug offences after getaway attempt and foot chase
- Credit: Archant
A drugs suspect who tried to flee from police in Bury St Edmunds was chased into a nearby home after officers pounced in an operation that saw four people arrested.
The arrests happened on Tuesday September 15 when officers watched a vehicle driving around the Lake Avenue area of the town.
The vehicle stopped and two occupants got out to meet two others, a man and a woman.
When officers approached the group one of them tried to run away and was chased into a property in Lake Avenue.
All four were subsequently arrested on possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 24 and 45, and two women, aged 24 and 36, were all taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information relating to the incident should contact Ipswich police, quoting crime reference 37/53746/20
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved